Half Day Sail
There’s a lot to see just outside Duluth’s Harbor – Head out under the Aerial Lift Bridge and explore the North Shore’s landscape and history. Cruise the world’s longest freshwater beach, travel past the Superior Entry lighthouse, or complete your circumnavigation “around the horn” of Minnesota’s Park Point through the St. Louis Harbor. Customized meals from local favorite Lake Avenue Café are available upon booking!
Full Day Trip
Why limit your time on the water when there’s so much to see? Whether you anchor for lunch off a sandy beach, cruise a distance up the North Shore, explore the open water, or drop a line for fishing, your day on Lake Superior will be as unique and exciting as you’d like. Please bring your own lunch and snacks. Water and soft drinks will be onboard.
Looking for a relaxing way to cap off a great day and ease into a worry-free evening on Lake Superior? Our sunset sailboat tours allow you to explore the Lake during it’s most romantic hours, as the sun fades behind Duluth and the twinkling city lights guide you back to the harbor. Appetizers will be provided by the esteemed Lake Avenue Cafe, and you are welcome to bring your own beverages.
Time Out Sailing is Duluth’s exclusive sailing charter for overnight excursions! Let Lake Superior rock you to sleep and experience unparalleled sunsets and sunrises. Spend the day sailing the North Shore and stay the night in Knife River or Two Harbors. On occasion, a calm Lake Superior evening may allow you to drop anchor and stay the night off the beach. Please book this trip in advance, as we require extra time to arrange your personalized getaway!
Sail with the Tall Ships!
August 18-21st only. (BOOK NOW AS SPACE IS LIMITED AND FILLING UP FAST!)
This summer, Duluth is once again hosting the world-renowned Tall Ships Festival. Book early to reserve your spot aboard Time Out as we sail alongside these historic vessels, marveling at their size and grace. Get away from the hundreds of thousands of shore-bound spectators and join the fleet! Don’t miss your opportunity to sail the water with these tall ships!
Please feel free to contact Captain Jake about what you envision your day or overnight to be. As long as the weather cooperates we will do our best to create the adventure of a lifetime on the big lake.
Cancellation must be made prior to 48 hours to your departure. You are always welcome to apply your full payment toward another trip or request a refund. There will be no refund within 48 hours.
Due to the seasonal nature of Lake Superior, weather can affect our operations. If unpleasant weather causes a cancellation, you will be rescheduled or you will receive a full refund.
Safety is determined by the Captain within 30 minutes of the sail departure time.
We ask you to meet your captain at the dock 20 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time for a safety briefing and weather forecast discussion. Waves, wind, and weather all play a factor for each tour. This will be reviewed by your Captain to plan your course.
We want you to be prepared for all conditions Lake Superior and Mother Nature send our way.
- Please bring non marking shoes. White soles or your bare feet!
- Layers – sweatshirt, jacket, windbreaker, any warm long sleeve. Hat and gloves if it’s cold.
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Swimsuit & Towel – Late in the season light onshore breeze can blow in warmer surface water and it is quite the experience to swim in this great lake. Our boat records water temps so you don’t have to dip your toe first.
- Books and toys for young ones.
- Fishing License with Lake Superior Trout stamp (required) for private excursions only – During calm seas, we would love for you to put out a line and take home a fresh Lake Superior Trout or Salmon! Rods and appropriate tackle available on board.
*Get your license online here.
- Alcohol is welcome only for brief casual enjoyment. Please be respectful of this privilege we are willing to offer.
- Please remember to bring your favorite cruising meals, snacks, and beverages aboard.