There’s a lot to see just outside Duluth’s Harbor – Head out under the Aerial Lift Bridge and explore the North Shore’s landscape and history. Cruise the world’s longest freshwater beach, travel past the Superior Entry lighthouse, or complete your circumnavigation “around the horn” of Minnesota’s Park Point through the St. Louis Harbor. Customized meals from local favorite Lake Avenue Café are available upon booking!
Why limit your time on the water when there’s so much to see? Whether you anchor for lunch off a sandy beach and take the paddle boards for a spin, cruise a distance up the North Shore, explore the open water, or drop a line for fishing, your day on Lake Superior will be as unique and exciting as you’d like. We will provide an appetizer. Water and soft drinks will be available onboard.
Looking for a relaxing way to cap off a great day and ease into a worry-free evening on Lake Superior? Our sunset sailboat tours allow you to explore the Lake during it’s most romantic hours, as the sun fades behind Duluth and the twinkling city lights guide you back to the harbor. Dessert will be provided by the esteemed Lake Avenue Cafe, and you are welcome to bring your favorite cruising beverages.
Overnight & Multi-Day
Let Lake Superior rock you to sleep and experience unparalleled sunsets and sunrises. Spend two days sailing and stay the evening in a safe harbor tied to a dock, pier or wharf. A calm Lake Superior evening may allow you to drop anchor and stay the night off the beach. Breakfast and coffee will be served in the morning. Contact Captain Jake with any questions and to customize your adventure. Please book this trip in advance, as we require extra time to arrange your personalized getaway!
Know someone who would love to go sailing on Lake Superior? Have a gift-worthy occasion coming up for someone you love? Let us help you get them out onto the lake on one of our charter tours. Our gift cards are available in a variety of amounts and can be used toward any of our tours. We can assure you they’ll enjoy every moment while sailing with us!
Time Out T-Shirts
Time Out Sailing T-Shirts are now available online! If you forgot to purchase a shirt on your tour, order here and we’ll ship it to you. Women’s and men’s sizes available.
Please feel free to contact Captain Jake about what you envision your day or overnight to be. As long as the weather cooperates we will do our best to create the adventure of a lifetime on the big lake.
Cancellation must be made prior to 48 hours to your departure. You are always welcome to apply your full payment toward another trip or request a refund. There will be no refund within 48 hours.
Due to the seasonal nature of Lake Superior, weather can affect our operations. If unpleasant weather causes a cancellation, you will be rescheduled or you will receive a full refund.
Safety is determined by the Captain within 30 minutes of the sail departure time.
We ask you to meet your captain at the dock 20 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time for a safety briefing and weather forecast discussion. Waves, wind, and weather all play a factor for each tour. This will be reviewed by your Captain to plan your course.
We want you to be prepared for all conditions Lake Superior and Mother Nature send our way.
- Please avoid black soled shoes as they mark the boat. Bring non marking shoes, white soles, or your bare feet!
- Sunscreen: Excess sunscreen on your hands discolors the vessel and creates slippery surfaces. Please wipe hands dry after application.
- Early & Late Season: Sweatshirt, winter jacket, windbreaker, hat and gloves.
- Mid Summer Layers: Once the sun goes down be prepared with warm layers and/or a jacket.
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Swimsuit & Towel for private Full Day or Multi Day tours
- Fishing License with Lake Superior Trout stamp (required) for private excursions only – During calm seas, we would love for you to put out a line and take home a fresh Lake Superior Trout or Salmon! Rods and appropriate tackle available on board.
*Get your license online here.
- Alcohol is welcome for casual enjoyment. We ask you to avoid red wine as this stains the boat.
- Please remember to bring your favorite cruising meals, snacks, and beverages to enjoy in the cockpit.
- We are a SMOKE FREE vessel.
- Personal Flotation Devices are aboard for adults and children. To ensure proper sizing for children, please call Kelly to discuss age and size of child.